What Other Liquor Do You Prefer Besides Whisky And Beer?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sue, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Sue

Sue Active Member

Since this forum is about Whisky and beer we are all fans of the two but what other liquor do you drink. Did you like wine, vodka, rum, etc? I have never been much of a wine drinker but I have it once in a while. I can't stand the smell of rum so I never drink it. I use to drink it a lot in my younger ages so I think I just may have overdone it. lol I do like vodka every once in a while depending on my mood. I like it because you mix it with just about anything. So what are some of your favorite drinks?

2. Jesus Viloria

Jesus Viloria New Member

Besides whisky and beer, I must say I do enjoy some nice aged rum or maybe some cider. In my city they sell this bottled mix of rum, lemon and soda that's actually really are sweet, It's a pretty nice option when you are meeting with friends or having a party

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I love wine, every type, it's the second best drink for me. Rum is pretty decent, but I'm not the biggest fan. Vodka is pretty good. :p

4. Sue

Sue Active Member

There are some pretty good pre mixed drinks available and I agree they are much more convenient when you are going to a party.

5. thash1979

thash1979 New Member

I love a good glass of wine with my dinner. Red wines are my favorite when having a nice dinner either out or at home... or rather just sitting on the couch unwinding from the day!

6. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

Gin. Over the years I had everything from ultra cheap, bottom shelf crapola to very high end gin. My favorite is very simple: Gin & Tonic with a twist of lime. Martinis are fantastic too, when in the right mood. :)

Sue likes this.
  7. Sue

Sue Active Member

Back in my my younger years I drank a lot of Gin. I loved that stuff but it has been years since I had it. I can't even remember the last time that I would have purchased a bottle of Gin. It has been that long ago. I use to love Gin & Tonic with a twist of lime. It was my all time favorite back then.

8. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

I really like wine and I even make my own because I have a vineyard. We usually take white type of grape Chardonnay or some other and make white wine and we make rakija (Serbian brandy) from the rest. Both are very good but rakija is just for the tough drinkers. It is a very strong spirit.

9. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I have been known to enjoy the heck out of some very cold vodka. I have also been known to drink it straight out of the bottle as well. ;) I also like some good rum to drink in the summer.

10. kgord

kgord Active Member

Wine is what I drink 90 percent of the time, but I like and enjoy most hard liquors. I think a nice dark rum would be my fave, but I like tequilla and a variety of other liquors.

11. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

I enjoy mixed drinks. I don't really have a liking for straight liquor, unless it's whisky tasting. I could have a series of mixed drinks without a problem. I really enjoy rum. There are so many beautiful drinks that bartenders can create with a rum base. I also have a liking for pumpkin ciders. Sadly, the pumpkin cider is seasonal and is hard to come by.

12. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

Gin and tonic. There are few things that can be a refreshing... well maybe a nice cold beer. :D