What's Your Favorite Drink To Order At A Bar?

Discussion in 'Night Chat' started by Destiny, Apr 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Destiny

Destiny Member

We all have that one drink we always order at the bar... What's yours?

2. Sue

Sue Active Member

I do enjoy a Caesar but most times when I go out I just get bottled beer or beer on tap. I also like to try the different shooters.

3. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I usually get a vodka tonic when I want to get wild and weird. If it is for a casual event or a work event then I go with a Jack and Coke or whisky and sour.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

A couple of cognac shots then vodka does the trick for me. I try hard to not get overly drunk nowadays.. this thread didn't help.

5. kgord

kgord Active Member

Well honestly, I don;t order drinks at the bar all that often because unless it is Happy Hour they are pretty expensive. I have a lot of drinks I like, other than a Margarita, I guess I would go with a Moscow Mule or maybe a Chocolate Martini. They are all awesome drinks.

6. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

It's not a very common drink, but they have it at the bar I go to regularly. The local bar in my town has a drink called "polyjuice potion." It is based off of the Harry Potter series and is absolutely delicious. They have a few bitters in the drink alongside a pear syrup. It is absolutely delicious. If I'm not at the local watering hole, I really enjoy rum and coke. I know it's a bit simplistic, but it's definitely my go-to if I am not familiar with the bar. I figure this is fairly easy for the bartenders as well.

7. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

I'd have to say a Martini. Sometimes I go with my old standby of a Gin & Tonic. At times a good Manhattan hits the spot. But, if I'm out at bar, the Martini is pretty much my signature drink.

8. artyarson

artyarson Member

Whiskey + cola has been my favorite for so long. I love the taste plus it makes me feel better. Of course, If I don't overuse it. Getting shitfaced was never my purpose when going out. I never really understood it.

9. lexinonomous

@Daddy-O Would you believe me if I said that I've never had a Martini? I saw your response right now and thought, hm, I've never had one of those. I also haven't had a Gin and Tonic. The way people have described Gin to me, makes it sound absolutely terrible. Are Martinis on the sweeter side or are they simply plain?

10. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

Both are worth a try and they are very classic drinks. Gins vary quite a bit in taste and character, so you might need to experiment a bit. The G&T can be very refreshing. Martinis come in a number of different variants, but I tend to drink mine dry, so they are more on the bitter side. Hope that helps. :)

lexinonomous likes this.
  11. lexinonomous

I figure, if the martini has stuck around this long, it must be a decent drink. I will have to order a martini the next time I visit my usual bar. They have a selection of martinis, so it should be an adventure, ha ha. I guess I have always avoided them because of their movie popularity. I assumed they weren't that great to begin with, but maybe I'm wrong. :)

12. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

Oh, they're popular for a reason. They go down smooth and have the right effective. :)

13. kgord

kgord Active Member

Yes, I don't drink mixed drinks that often, but I would say my most ordered one would be a margarita. They are usually on special for Happy Hours, and they are very good. Of course alot of places just have them in a cooler or something, and are ready to go at the drop of a hat.

14. Lisa Jo

Lisa Jo Member

I am a Bloody Mary girl. However, a good Mojito or Moscow Mule hits the spot, too. I'm pretty picky about my Bloody Marys. I definitely don't want to OVERPAY for one and only about 3 of the reasonably priced bars in my small area makes an acceptable one for under $6.

15. Norm A

Norm A Member

Whiskey and Coke for me. Always. But then I do love experimenting and tasting new things, so I won't mind trying out a new drink if it really looks good.

16. AlexZ

AlexZ Member

сlub Sоdа & Limе!
    Thе lеаst flаvоrful but mоst ассеssiblе nоn-bооzy bаr drink. Thеrе is litеrаlly nо bаr–sаvе thоsе thаt sеrvе оnly bееr аnd winе, nоt liquоr–whiсh wоn't sеrvе yоu this. It's rеfrеshing аnd unlеss sоmеоnе triеs tо snеаk а tаstе, it pаssеs fоr а gin аnd tоniс оr vоdkа sоdа with еаsе. If yоu wаnt mоrе flаvоr, аsk thе bаrkееp tо аdd а splаsh оf bittеrs.

17. Terry

Terry Member

I likе Shirlеy Tеmplе, irоniсаlly nаmеd fоr а mоviе stаr whо hаtеd thе drink, соnsists thеsе dаys оf lеmоn-limе sоdа (Spritе, 7 UP, Siеrrа Mist, еtс.), а splаsh оf grеnаdinе, аnd Mаrаsсhinо сhеrry. Trаditiоnаlly it wаs mаdе with gingеr аlе, but thаt's lеss соmmоn thеsе dаys.
    Whеn yоu gеt it, yоu shоuld stir it tо mix thе grеnаdinе with thе sоdа. It dоеsn't lооk pаrtiсulаrly аlсоhоliс, аnd it's fаr tоо swееt tо drink mоrе thаn оnе оr twо. Hоwеvеr, а Shirlеy Tеmplе is сlаssiс. I drаnk а lоt оf thеsе аs а kid with my brоthеrs, whilе оur pаrеnts еnjоyеd lеss sассhаrinе аnd mоrе аdult bеvеrаgеs.

18. rz3300

rz3300 Member

If I am really trying to get a good buzz I would always go with a long island iced tea, but sometimes those are a little much. If it is hot, a gin and tonic, if cold, something with brandy.

19. serbog

serbog New Member

I really like drinking Jeger when I'm at a bar, because it is fairly expensive to buy it from stores.

20. xyrene

xyrene Member

I usually go for the usual Margarita or Manhattan drink, but I'm open to trying out more.