When Did You Have Your First Whisky Drink?

Discussion in 'Whisky Forum' started by FuZyOn, Jan 12, 2016.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I remember having my first whisky when I was around 12-years old, my father let me sip some and I liked it. I didn't start drinking whisky until I was 16 though.

2. Sue

Sue Active Member

I can't remember when I had my first whiskey drink. It would have been in my early teens. I never drank much of it after that. I was always a vodka or beer drinker. I only really started getting into the whiskey about 10 years ago now. I discovered how much I enjoy the flavor and have been drinking it ever since.

3. kgord

kgord Active Member

I think I probably tried a 7/7 drink at a family Christmas party maybe when I was in my early 20's. I have always made it a point to drink whiskey on occassion..as the sweet, solid taste is different than any other alcohol.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I'm also a vodka drinker, beer not too much since I don't really enjoy the taste. Who's your favorite whisky maker? :D

5. Sue

Sue Active Member

Being Canadian my whisky of choice is Crown Royal but I do like Gibsons Finest 12 year! It is very smooth.

6. Destiny

Destiny Member

I was around the same age... much, much too young to be drinking! But, damn did I like it then... even at that age!

7. Molly Brougham

I was 20 when I first tried whiskey! I guess I was old for my first time!! I had a whiskey sour at my cousin's wedding. I really liked it! I can't say I would have enjoyed it if I was drinking it straight though.

Sue likes this.
  8. kgord

kgord Active Member

I really don't remember when I had my first whiskey but I would guess it was at a holiday party. I was probably 20 or 21 also. We drank beer in college, and I never ventured beyond that for awhile. Of course I didn't know what I was missing!

9. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

I think I was 17, and I just arrived at this big house party, we saved some money between all and bought a lot of drinks. We bought whisky. I drank a little and hated it. But I like it right now. A lot.

Sue likes this.
  10. Sue

Sue Active Member

Oh I remember those days of pooling all the money together and just buying whatever we had enough to it. lol Those were the days!!

11. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I don't remember how old I was, but like most people I had it on the sly. I remember being really scared I'd get drunk and get caught. lol

12. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Oh boy, I remember being a teenager and carefully watching if I got drunk or not. I used to be scared of being drunk and going home, so I crashed at my friends' places a lot.

SirJoe likes this.
  13. artyarson

artyarson Member

I was probably like 14 or 15. In was a big family party. Kind of reunion. Alcohol was involved. I saw an open bottle of whiskey. I knew was I was... so, I gave it a try. Damn, it was so strong. Unfortunately, I have no idea what the manufacturer was. I got kind of drunk immediately.

14. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

Yeah, I can't really say I enjoyed it, it was something that adults did and like any teenager I wanted to grow up as quickly as possible.

15. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Member

I had my first drink of Whiskey when I graduated from High School. I was given my very first bottle of Jameson and that sealed my fate as a whiskey lover to this day~

16. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

The same here! I remember tasting it when I was around 10 at a friend's party. We snuck some out of her dad's liquor cabinet and it was so good that we drank half of the bottle. Then we put some coke and water in the bottle to try to make it look like we didn't drink any. Her poor dad must have been really upset the next time he poured himself a drink.

17. firewater1977

firewater1977 New Member

Hmm pry as a young child my Gma used to mix it in the caught syrup... Other than that in the military lil cheap 5th of Jim Beam .... I hate JD

Just asking....

18. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

ooo that sounded painful, flat coke in a whiskey bottle. I hope it wasn't one of his special whiskey bottles. I can just imagine his expression when he poured himself a drink.

19. Stephens

Stephens Member

Drinking whiskеy is а lоt likе gеtting intо а rоmаntiс rеlаtiоnship.

20. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I am not sure how old I was but probably 16 or so-and my grandma kept it under the kitchen sink or it was down in the basement sometimes as well-and this was a older type of house. The brand was always Canadian Club or Canadian Mist Whisky-which were both pretty good but I always mixed it with soda back then.