When Did You Have Your First Whisky Drink?

Discussion in 'Whisky Forum' started by FuZyOn, Jan 12, 2016.

1. arachnophobik

arachnophobik New Member

I was around 13 years old when I had my first whisky. I was raised in a strict household so my parents never smokes or drank. One time I was invited into a pool party by a friend and I got to meet his older friends who brought alcohol. The night ended good. A lot of first times happened that night.

2. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

DR KOKIL AGARWAL Active Member

I had my first shot at a very late age of 18 years. It was at a friends house and in the company of some close friends. Though I did not much enjoy the after effects but it was still worth a try.

3. Pravish Shetty

Pravish Shetty New Member

I remember, I had my first glass of whiskey when I was 18 years old and after I flew my first solo flight as a pilot. I had a shot of Chivas regal at the time back in 2008 in SF, CA. Initially I did not enjoy when I had their first shot but it kept getting better when a few more shots set in. I have been a fan of whisky ever since that day.

4. jakub1

jakub1 Member

Well if i remember correctly, i had my first drink when i was about 21 years old, it was a Jack Daniels with some ice cubes.

5. Zero

Zero Member

I would say i had my first drink as soon as i was allowed to drink, lol, but overall i enjoyed the experience quite a bit.

6. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Oh man that would have been a while back, but certainly after I started drinking. The hard stuff took a liitle while to taste okay.

7. jakub1

jakub1 Member

Yyes, it takes time to get used it, but once you do it's a smooth ride all the way

8. xyrene

xyrene Member

I was in my late teens when I had my first drink of whisky, it was during a family gathering and my uncles and aunts were drinking whisky. I got curious and asked if I could taste what they were drinking, so I got a sip of whisky. It was too bitter for my taste.

9. jakub1

jakub1 Member

You didn't wait at all, good for you that you had a good experience for a starter.

10. ketchim

ketchim New Member

i was 21 when i tasted chivas regal, i havent stopped yet. it has become a hobby to taste all kinds of whiskey at least 100 brands and counting. cheers.

11. tony

tony Active Member

Well I can't exactly remember when I first Whiskey but one thing I was already an adult then, late teens I think. It was just a taste or a tiny quantity of it then.

12. Zero

Zero Member

Iit's quite difficult and harsh for the first time but it gets better with time.

13. Vallante

Vallante New Member

I'm lucky to have found an appreciation for whiskey at all, considering my first experience with it was from a huge plastic jug of some no-name brand's brown alcohol water. It was fantastically bad. It burned like acid the whole way down and left a nasty, sweet aftertaste that stuck around for days.

Let this be a lesson to you youngin's out there who insist on not following the rules: If you're going to drink, aim for quality, not quantity. You will be much happier in the long run. But seriously, don't drink underage. There's plenty of time for that later, I assure you.

14. Athanas

Athanas Member

I was only 11 years old when I tasted a spoonful of whiskey. I do remember very well. That is the problem of staying with drunkards. But when it comes to serious drinking, I began when I was at high school, at 17 years old.

15. Rexy

Rexy New Member

I had my first whiskey drink at my 18-year birthday party actually. To be honest, I'm kind of a good boy, I didn't drink beer before it, but whisky not so much.

16. walter12

walter12 Member

A lot of people have their first glass later in their life.

17. dionnextherese

I don't really remember when's the first time I drank whisky. But I do remember I first drank it with my friends on our friend's house. The I loved the taste of the whisky the first time I drank it. All of my friends liked the taste also, it's also their first time too.

18. overcast

overcast Member

I think for me it has to be like 10 years or so back. And it was a good experience on that note. I have found out that it was not bad at first. I started to like it. So there we go with that.

19. mbuzma

mbuzma Member

I think I was 17, lol. My friends were drinking at a birthday party and I just went along so as not to kill the buzz.

20. kgord

kgord Active Member

I don't remember, but my relatives used to have Christmas parties, and I am sure I snuck a taste here and there. I don't remember my first legal whiskey drink though. I imagine it was when I was 21.