Whickey Bar

Discussion in 'Portland' started by Deano, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Deano

Deano New Member

kgord likes this.
  2. Alex Bean

Alex Bean Administrator

that's one good "sam'mich"

3. Deano

Deano New Member

Perhaps the Portland contingent should scare up a posse and check out their sammiches. Call it library research....or maybe not.

4. Sue

Sue Active Member

Wow what an awesome looking place. I love it and such a great idea. Looks like a great place to go and relax.

5. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

This place looks amazing. I could sit in there for hours, whiskey or not. I am such a huge book fan, so sitting in a library surrounded by books is the perfect match for me. I wouldn't mind sipping on some whiskey at the same time.

6. kgord

kgord Active Member

Wow that looks like the neatest place ever. I would go there in a heartbeat. Another totally cool place in Georgetown DC affiliated with the University is a place called the tombs. It is a bar in a really unique old style building. Gtown has some great bars and restaurants.

7. lexinonomous

The Tombs just sounds appealing in the name. I love old style buildings. They create an entirely different atmosphere. I'd love to check that one out day. :)

8. Sue

Sue Active Member

The city in which I live is known for its heritage so we have a lot of old building and a lot of them have bars and night clubs in them. They have so much character and the atmosphere seems to be so much better in those places. We also have a large Irish population so we have a lot of really neat little Irish Pubs which are fun to go to if you want to sit around and chat with friends.

9. lexinonomous

I'm jealous of the are you live in. I would love to live in a place surrounded by heritage, but sadly that's not the case. Old buildings add so much to the experience when you check out a new bar. Where I'm from, bars are extremely crowded and the music is constantly blaring. There's no room to even think of sitting with friends.

10. Sue

Sue Active Member

That doesn't sounds like a whole lot of fun to me. Once in awhile it is okay but I prefer the more laid back bars. We often go to the karaoke parts. I love how after so many drinks everybody becomes a singer and after while they all sound pretty good too. lol

11. lexinonomous

Laid back bars are a bit of fun. It's really nice when they have the option of karaoke. Karaoke is one of the best things to do while drinking. I used to go to karaoke every Sunday, but I realized that I was drinking way too much, ha ha.

Sue likes this.
  12. Sue

Sue Active Member

lol I like Karaoke and I have even been known to get up and sing a few after a few too many beers. Hell after way too many beers. Normally I am very shy and would never want all the attention but that seems to go away when I am drinking. People tell me that I can sing pretty good but I am not so sure about that.

13. lexinonomous

Ha ha, that sounds like fun. I usually don't drink at Karaoke bars and only come for the singing. It's a fun way to practice microphone etiquette and still have fun.

I wouldn't be too shy at karaoke. Everyone is going up there doing the same thing, so no shame! :D

14. Sue

Sue Active Member

lol that is true. As long as nobody takes a video and posts it on YouTube or Facebook. That could be bad!!

15. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

Sounds like a grand old time! I wish I had an awesome bar like that in my neck of the woods. Sounds great and it is now making me terribly hungry.

16. lexinonomous

This has actually happened to me before. People have posted numerous videos of me singing on facebook, which I don't mind due to my voice, but I do mind being up on people's pages. I just don't like the idea of me being up for everyone to see. -_-

17. Lynk

Lynk New Member

Ahhh I want to try this! I'm from Oregon originally and I miss all the fun, quirky bars there. The food is absolutely amazing now, it's become a boomtown for chefs and cocktails. I'm heading back for the holidays, I can't wait for some down-home fun and crafted whisky food and drinks!

18. Sue

Sue Active Member

I can understand that. Unfortunately once it is online it is out there for anybody who wants to use it. But is not too bad when you have a good voice. Me on the other hand, not so much! lol

19. kgord

kgord Active Member

I have relatives in Portland. Next time I get out that way...Lord knows when...I should have them take me around to some of the quirky eclectic bars. It seems like it would be a lot of fun...and an interesting way to pass some time.

20. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

If we would have that in Romania you bet I would be there 24/7. Maybe I'll make something similar in my basement, the bar looks really cool.

Sue likes this.