Whisky And Eggnog

Discussion in 'Whisky Forum' started by AngelaMc, Apr 16, 2017.

1. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Member

:pI know it's not Christmas or New Years Eve, but the thought crossed my mind of, how many people create beautiful punch bowls full of their favorite eggnog and whisky during the holidays. Every year we always have it in our house for our guests to enjoy and ourselves.

I always get the fresh eggnog from our local dairy and our choice of Whisky to put in it is Jim Beam White. Every now and then I will use Captain Morgan Rum but its traditional I use Jim Beam, I think it tastes better. We all have different tastes that's what makes us all unique, so do you have Eggnog and Whisky during your holidays? What's your favorite Whisky to put in it?:p

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I only drank eggnog once in my entire life, it's something that's not popular here in Romania. I remember drinking a whole lot due to how good it was though, especially when combined with Jack Daniels.

AngelaMc likes this.
  3. rz3300

rz3300 Member

That sounds a little aggressive, but I guess if you really need that extra little punch on the holidays. Makes me excited for Christmas.

4. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

Yes, and I think it would taste great and Evan Williams makes a eggnog already mixed up,but you could just mix up your own eggnog with a bottle of Evan Williams Whisky and it may be cheaper this way. Also you could try something different at Christmas time with some Irish Country Cream(O'Mara's)-which I did one year and mixed some rum in it but you could use boubon as well-and it was quite wonderful!

5. clair02

clair02 Member

Well, there's always those who celebrate Christmas in July (I didn't even know that was a thing until now) - they can try that out next month. I think you have to be careful though, people tend to get a little carried away with the eggnog and you don't want to have a christmas like the Kennedys :D

6. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

Whisky and eggnog? Oh, God... Please no! Just thinking about this mix makes me feel sick in the stomach. :confused:

This kind of drink is definitely not for me. I'll pass this drink on to someone else. :rolleyes:

7. Zero

Zero Member

I kind of feel the same, i just can't imagine why would this combination ever taste good.

8. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

They are two completely different things that don't complement each other at all. I don't understand what is the real purpose for this kind of mix. For me, it makes no sense at all. o_O