Yamazaki Single Malt Is World’s Best Whisky According To Jim

Discussion in 'Whisky Critic Articles' started by Alex Bean, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Alex Bean

Alex Bean Administrator

View the Post on the Blog

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Yamazaki are amazing, I used to drink a couple with my dad since he was importing them from Japan. They're great, I'm sure the single malt is good!

3. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Member

I don't know...I've tried a couple of different whiskeys that really hit the spot but I guess I'll have to get a bottle of Yamazaki and put it to the test to see if they are truly the best or not.

4. kgord

kgord Active Member

I had a chance to try a Japanese whiskey once., well lets say I thought I was going to have a chance, but it was not to be...wah! I would have loved to have had the opportunity.

5. Sue

Sue Active Member

Sounds great but I doubt I would ever get a chance to try any Japanese whiskey in my lifetime. :(

6. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

Man... I just wish I could try an whisky like that. Just reading the review makes me want to buy it and drink it for the rest of my life.

7. Summertime

Summertime New Member

I'm surprised that this is the case, as I typically don't associate Asian liquors with the best ... Maybe it's just because I'm going off of the strength of their brews.

8. Shenwil

Shenwil New Member

Well I've neVer heard of this one, that's for sure.

9. Summertime

Summertime New Member

Seriously, I'm surprised that this one is really so good if it isn't even a household name! Maybe it's one of those exclusive things that only the wealthy hear about ....

10. albreeden

albreeden New Member

I've read this 'bible', there's a whole section on Japanese whiskys. I was so surprised, never really associated good whisky with anywhere outside of the contiguous United States. I've been trying to get my hands on some for a while now. Thank you for reminding me.

Summertime likes this.
  11. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

There are more and more countries producing high quality whiskey, but I doubt that they replace the traditional whiskey producing countries.
    I would like to try it out to see how it compares.

12. artyarson

artyarson Member

Japan never stops surprising me. When this country comes to my mind I don't usually think of whiskey or something alcoholic right away.

13. kgord

kgord Active Member

I am really surprised that Japan took honors rather than Scotland or other countries that are more known for their whisky production. I guess it is just something they are becoming known for. I would defintely try Japanese whisky if I got the chance to.

14. Destiny

Destiny Member

Yes, I agree with you. And, I would have to give it a try too. I've never had it before either.

15. kgord

kgord Active Member

I actually thought I was going to get a chance to try some of this, as part of a survey, I was doing, but no such luck! Of course, I would probably get the handi wipes or something lol.

16. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

Time for me to get to Japan or pay some import fees! I love how Japan has been mastering that smooth whisky lately! I have been in love with their beers for years. Got to try it!

17. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I recently saw a documentary about Japan and it's drinking habits and was surprised to find out that they drink whiskey with their meals like we would with wine or beer. The whiskey is mixed with water though so I can see how it would work with certain meals.

18. kgord

kgord Active Member

I wonder if this liquor would be for sale at a Duty Free shop. Someone should check it out. I could call the one at Dulles Airport, because this seems like something they would carry. I have a feeling, the price tag might make me faint though.;)

19. xyrene

xyrene Member

I haven't seen any Japanese brands being sold here, so getting to taste them would be difficult.

20. pmk1990

pmk1990 New Member

$158 ??? Wow... Am used to the $40 bottle. I guess it's worth it.