Your Favorite Rum

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by lexinonomous, May 17, 2016.

1. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

Greetings everyone!
    As someone that enjoys a nice whisky, there are infinite amounts of alcohol that I've yet to try. I tend to stick to my regular drinks when going to the bar, but lately, I've wanted to branch out. I love rum and would love to try a few that I'm unfamiliar with. I'm curious as to what everyone's favorite rum is. I'll gather a few options and check to see if my local bar carries them- or even Bevmo!

What's your favorite rum?

2. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

Hey :)
    I'm not a big rum drinker but if I have to pick a bottle I will always go to Havana Club. It's not to bad with coke.

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I don't really drink a lot of rum, but when I do I just pick up a bottle from a local rum company, I'm not that good at seeing the difference in taste (although I once bought a bottle and the rum tasted like rubber).

4. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

I don't think I've ever heard of Havana Club. I'm going to have to look into that. I've been trying to find a rum that I DO like. I don't have very much experience with rum, so any suggestions are awesome since I have little to no experience. :) Do you think I'd be able to find Havana Club at Bevmo or a local Liquor store?

5. Destiny

Destiny Member

I like captain Morgan and I can't remember the exact name, but it's Malibu something or another. It smells kind of like Sun block and has a cocunut taste. I love drinking it pool side on hot summer days.

6. kgord

kgord Active Member

I think Myers Dark would be my favorite, or Captain Morgan spiced rum. They are both very good rums. I am glad they are expensive, because if they weren't, I would likely be drinking it every day!

7. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I always drank the rum that had the bat logo on it-which is called Bacardi and I think its named for a building that they bought that had fruit bats living in the rafters of the building in Cuba. Its been awhile since I bought this rum but it always had a nice taste to it for the money-and I always mixed coke with Bacardi. I also like some Barcardi rum with eggnog around the holidays,which is good mixed into a punch bowl.

#7 FolkArtist, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  8. overcast

overcast Member

I go mostly for the local rum. The reason being local rum tastes good enough for me. We do have few European and Japanese rum. And they seem to be different in taste. So I am sticking with the local rum. And as of now that works good enough for me.

9. Shana Peckover

Shana Peckover New Member

Well, well, well. I have had this discussion twice today already! I have to say that Malibu Rum is by far my favorite. I love it with Coke. It is great during all seasons of the year. Honestly, I haven't tried it with any other mixers.....so any ideas are welcome!

10. Meeseeks

Meeseeks New Member

Blue spirits peirate rhum. It tastes and smells like bubble gum rum.

11. overcast

overcast Member

I guess not much tried the local Malibu Rum here. So have to see how that goes some day. Maybe this winter I may try it. But rum usually don't kick much during winter season.