Anyone Here Makes Their Own Booze??

Discussion in 'Whisky Critic Articles' started by payaknapagiisip, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Kieranlewix

Kieranlewix New Member

You've got to try though, not only to save money but also to have the skills to make good alcohol. Contrary to what you may think, this skill may come in handy one day. I know you're wondering how :). Well, consider a case where there's no store close by and instead, your buddies have packed the ingredients for a camping trip. From experience, I am not much of a camping person. Assuming the boys decided that everything is to be made on-site, meaning no lighter, just rubbing sticks together and you also have to make your own booze? I know it's not a practical example, but still...

mbuzma likes this.
  2. Zero

Zero Member

You need skill and patience to make it work.

3. mbuzma

mbuzma Member

Sure it could come in handy then but I just can't imagine myself in that sort of situation. I just pack the supplies if I'm going somewhere, and if I end up getting lost and run out of supplies, not knowing how to make alcohol is going to be the least of my worries :D.

4. serbog

serbog New Member

I live in Macedonia which is located in the Balkans, so making alcohol here is quite natural. Everyone I know and their grandfathers make the most popular drink from the Balkans which is rakija. Also, wine is really popular here too because almost everyone has grapes in their garden and they make like 20kg wine per year. It's really nice to drink these homemade drinks and I even helped with the process of making it which makes it even more tastier. If you haven't tried homemade drinks before I highly recommend you to, you will be surprised how good it tastes.

5. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

No, I am not a moonshiner(haha)but have you guys ever seen Moonshiners- I think it comes on the Discovery channel ? This show is about people who actually produce illegal moonshine in the Appalachian Mountains, and includes several states-they say this show is real, and I have watched it years ago,and it looks like this show is still on.

6. overcast

overcast Member

I don't know how to make alcohol of any type. What I do know is how to make the wine from the town I used to live. They seem to have the winery. And for them it worked out. I guess we learn from experience.

7. pmk1990

pmk1990 New Member

Can you share a recipe... That's something I would like to try.

8. dionnextherese

I have thought of making my own booze but did not actually did it though. Maybe I will try it in the near future.

9. overcast

overcast Member

I think some of the people do make booze. And I have tried few times. But I was not that finding it easier. So I tried what I can and then left it eventually. But it was a good experience for sure.