Are Cigars Common?

Discussion in 'Cigar Forum' started by FuZyOn, Jan 14, 2016.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Nowadays every teenager has cigars, I've seen countless of Instagram pictures with kids and cheap cigars. In the past cigars were a sign of wealth, nowadays not so much.

2. kgord

kgord Active Member

Yep, I think anyone who has a few cents can buy cigars today. They seem to target some of those fruity ones to kids. I think they are awful personally. I want my tobacco to taste like tobacco if I am going to indulge.

3. Sue

Sue Active Member

I think it is because of the fruity flavors that they are more common among teenagers. They aren't good quality cigars but they are cheap so they buy them thinking it makes this look cool.

4. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

There are still very expensive cigars, but just to pose for a photo you don't need that much money.
    There are really cheap cigars on the market right now and maybe for a little over a dollar you can get a cigar.

5. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

There are few things quite as disgusting as a cheap cigar. I can't even imagine flavored ones. Oh, there are some bargains in the cigar world, but it is an item that you kind of get what you are paying for. As to being more common, I haven't really noticed it, but that could be.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Yeah, I don't get the appeal of fruity flavors for cigars. They completely ruin the taste of a good cigar, I bet most of those teenagers don't even know how to light one up, haha!

7. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

I've long suspected some of those flavored cigars also exist for those that want to make "blunts". For those that aren't familiar with the term, it is basically a cigar hollowed out and filled with reefer. While that is legal here, I don't use that stuff, though I know it is pretty common.

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Thought about that as well, but I haven't seen anyone around here doing that, so it may be just a myth.

9. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

The reason they put flavors is to hide the low quality tobacco. They don't become good but they aren't as bad.