Best Cigars On The Market?

Discussion in 'Cigar Forum' started by FuZyOn, Jan 14, 2016.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I live in Romania so my options are limited, but the best ones for me are either Trinidad Coloniales or Cohiba Exquisitos.

2. MyDigitalpoint

Certainly Cuban cigars are the best of all, at least IMHO, I like Cohiba, but also Doble Corona and Montecristo.

3. Summertime

Summertime New Member

Is it possible for OP to import Cubans, or are they also illegal there? I'm totally unfamiliar regarding the embargo and European countries.

4. kgord

kgord Active Member

I think they are currently illegal, but not certain as the US and Cuba have opened diplomatic relations. I think that means good news for cigar lovers. As most people know, Cuban cigars are some of the finest around.

5. Sue

Sue Active Member

I would have to go with Cubans too. They are known for being the finest in the world and they have that reputation for a reason! You can't go wrong with a Cuban.

6. Summertime

Summertime New Member

Definitely can't go wrong with a Cuban. I wonder though - are there any alternatives which are almost equal in quality but are cheaper? Because Cubans can get up there in the $$$, so I'm looking for anything that even comes close to emulating a Cuban's flavor. Any ideas?

7. crimsonghost747

Cuba is allowed to trade with EU countries and you can find cuban cigars without too much trouble.

Onto the topic, I certainly prefer Cohiba but my knowledge of others brands is quite limited. I've tried a few others but none of them matched the cohiba's so I'll stick with those.

8. kgord

kgord Active Member

Arturo Fuentes is a good brand too. They are a Domincan cigar I believe, or made with Dominican tobacco. They have a very good reputation as well. Look for the cigar import market to heat up, once Cuban cigars are legal...good investment??

9. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

Montecristo are some of the best but Cohiba are also really good. Cohiba cigars are bit cheaper then Montecristo but have a good range of cigars that can suit anyone's pocket.

10. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

Cubans are still, relatively, hard to get in this country. I Like Cohiba, most of Rockey Patel's offerings, some Cusanos when wishing for a cheap smoke, some Arturo Fuentes at times, and a few others. I'd say my "go to" stick these days are Patels. Though a Cohiba is very nice indeed on a summer evening. :)