Best Way To Quit Smoking?

Discussion in 'Cigar Forum' started by DR KOKIL AGARWAL, Mar 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. overcast

overcast Member

I think quitting part is lot harder. And you have to be really patient about things. Otherwise you can see that it can some of the time be really hard to handle health. And people have to think in many ways for their mental health. I have found things to be lot harder.

2. Athanas

Athanas Member

According to me, the best way to quit smoking is to keep yourself busy. If you are idle and let your mind think about it, then definitely you will start smoking. Keeping yourself busy doing activities like playing football greatly helps to quit smoking.

3. mbuzma

mbuzma Member

I agree that being busy as much as you can is good, but I would say that you also need a lot of willpower to quit smoking for good. I've seen many smokers quit for a while, then just start smoking again when they get the least bit stressed.

4. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

DR KOKIL AGARWAL Active Member

Only a person with a strong will power and self-determination can leave this habit of smoking. The process is much easier in the initial stages but as the habit turns into addiction the problem becomes irreversible and they seem to be just no way out.

5. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I never got into the smoking thing-but I have heard that some people try to chew bubble gum(maybe a flavor like watermelon) for 2 months and this may work. The physical withdrawal for most people lasts a week, but I think its the psychological things people have to deal with after that time, that could be a problem ? A lot of people cannot deal with the taste of nicotine lozenges or gum-also you could replace smoking with something like running as well.

6. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I definitely agree with the keeping yourself busy, although that alone is not enough. It is a key part though because the mind can do some dangerous things when it has free time.

7. pmk1990

pmk1990 New Member

Try this things

Exercise.
    Get out of the house for a walk.
    Chew gum or hard candy.
    Keep your hands busy with a pen or toothpick, or play a game in the QuitGuide app.
    Drink lots of water.
    Relax with deep breathing.
    Go to a movie.
    Spend time with non-smoking friends and family.