Do You Keep A Cigar Diary/journal?

Discussion in 'Cigar Forum' started by Daddy-O, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

Hey pallies. Some people keep a cigar journal to jot down or record their cigar experiences. Personally, I don't do so, though when I find a good smoke, I keep the cigar ring and paste it in a small notebook.

How about you? Has it enhanced your cigar experience? Do you record it in a good old fashioned paper'n'ink journal or on a mobile device?

Thanks for sharing.

2. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I have never thought to jot down my own cigar experiences. I just enjoy them and don't really write about them as fact. I have written about them in some of my fiction writing though. I do it when I write about women smoking cigars and drinking like men.

3. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

If you don't mind me asking, what type of fiction do you write? Are there any published titles we could check out? Thanks. :)

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

It's not the worst idea but I don't think I would do it, I'm not much of a writer so I couldn't translate my feelings into words, plus I wouldn't even know what to write about! :D

5. kgord

kgord Active Member

No, when I smoke cigars, it is always the same kind. I am not cigar gourmand so to speak. I would probably prefer not to smoke at all, maybe once in a blue moon would be OK. The issue is, once you light up the first one..you want to smoke them more often.

6. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

Honestly, I have never thought to do this. I would love to keep a journal of all of the cigars I've had. It might even be nice to make it a sloppy journal, with clippings and labels glued into the pages. I've thought about making a messy journal before, so this would be a perfect match. I wouldn't mind doing this for beer as well, since I drink beer more often than smoking cigars.

7. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I normally remember the good cigars that I have but keeping a journal would be a really good idea. There are certain cigars that even though they aren't very good, are still a decent cigar that i often forget about when I go out to buy cigars. If I remembered them I could give them another try in a different setting.