Kentucky's Best Distilleries

Discussion in 'Bourbon Forum' started by AngelaMc, Mar 2, 2017.

1. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Member

:)If you are looking for a special place to go, where Barrels outnumber people, then Kentucky is the place to be. I'm sure you have heard of the Kentucky Bourbon Trail, and some of the Distilleries are an official part of that, while others are independently owned.

There are several top Distilleries in Kentucky, that would be a must see. Woodford Reserve is alongside of Glen's Creek and West of Keeneland Racetrack, with their historic fieldstone buildings and Scottish made Copper Pot Stills many visitors tour often here, enjoying every step of the way.

Maker's Mark Distillery held the crown for being the prettiest distillery before Woodland Reserve opened in the 1990's. With its rustic location it's a bit hard to find, but the journey is quite worth it to be able to dip your own bottle in that iconic red wax. What other distilleries in Kentucky have you heard of or visited? Pictured below is The Makers Mark Distillery, it is pretty.:)
    image.jpeg

2. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I have not yet been to Kentucky, but when I was down south there was something about the drink and the food there, so this is definitely on my list of places to visit. Might have to catch a basketball game too.

AngelaMc likes this.
  3. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I would like to check out the Four Roses Distillery in Lawrenceville,Kentucky and it was built in 1910. This place has some wonderful Spanish Mission-style architecture and is on the Nationl Register of Historic Places. I think they just brought back their Bourbon to the states though and started making it again in 2002. I think it looks more like a winery though,because you do not see this kind of architecture in Kentucky to much- and they also say the distillery grounds have a lot of red roses to enjoy.

Four_roses_destillery.jpg

4. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well that picture above is certainly a little inspiring to drink something that came from there. I wonder if they advertise that, because they should.

5. xyrene

xyrene Member

I haven't visited other distilleries yet, but now I will keep in mind what you posted and I'll visit them when I get the chance.

6. mynameisshieldler

mynameisshieldler New Member

I see.

7. mynameisshieldler

mynameisshieldler New Member

Great!

8. walter12

walter12 Member

I visited a few in my city and it was nice