What Is Your Favorite Brand Of Beer?

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by Sue, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Sue

Sue Active Member

What brand of beer do you normally drink? I like Alpine which is a beer brewed here and you can't get it anywhere else. Their slogan is, "You got to live here to get it." I also enjoy Molsen Canadian on occasion.

If I am out somewhere and somebody offers me a beer I will drink whatever they have because the best beer is a free beer! :)

2. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

I like to drink pills and to be more precise the original first pills ever made. The Pilsner Urquell. http://media.tumblr.com/25db51d0d2bac9b2d1038ad57140c33a/tumblr_inline_mihp9lgHCz1qz4rgp.jpg
    If you tried it once you probably know what am i talking about. The city where the brewery is and was first established is called Pilsen ( Plzen) and every type of all beers that have pills sign on them got it from this one. In Serbia we have some good beers and i already mentioned Zaječarsko here. but some of the good ones i like are Jelen Beer and from Nikšićko. From foreign ones i like Stella Artoa and Amstel.

3. kgord

kgord Active Member

I am fond of Bud's Black Label Crown..but I don't drink it very often as it is on the expensive side. In general, I prefer wine to beer. Beer has a lot of carbs in it..and not much nutritional value. However, give me a good amber or dark beer and I am happy.

4. Shenwil

Shenwil New Member

Well a cold Heinekin is always good but my favorite these days are the lemon and sorrel flavored Red Stripe Beer. Made here in Jamaica

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I live in Romania so my favorite beers are probably unknown to you, but I also drink Heineken which is a more common one.

6. MyDigitalpoint

Heineken is a worldwide known beer, however I like Mexican beers such as Corona, Victoria, and particularly Negra Modelo, which is a dark beer.

However, and as far as I know, many of these beer brands are Mexican, but actually owned by a Belgian Beer Company.

Belgian beers are also famous for being tasty, but I found some Belgian brands to light for my taste.

7. crimsonghost747

So many good ones, Chimay and Kozel are the first that come to mind. These are smaller brands though luckily Kozel is finding it's way into a lot of grocery stores in Europe nowadays.

For the "big brands", it really doesn't matter that much. Tuborg, Heineken, Saku (from estonia)... I think those are the ones I drink most often.

8. Sue

Sue Active Member

Heineken is sold worldwide. We have it at the liquor stores here and it a pretty big seller. It is good beer. I have had it on occasion.

9. Sue

Sue Active Member

We also have corona here. It is a great summertime beer around here. I do know a few people who drink it but it has never been one of my favorites. There are just so many beers to choose from.

10. Molly Brougham

I really enjoy some of our local breweries: Bent River Brewing, Great River Brewing, and Front Street Brewery. I also really like Wachusset Brew which is popular in New England. If I had to choose something that was more domestic, I would probably say Leinenkugel's was my favorite. As far as the big ones (Budweiser, Miller, Coors, etc) I can't even drink it anymore. Damn college drinking games!

11. crimsonghost747

How did I forget corona from my list!
    Yeah, corona definitely deserves a mention since at least in the USA it seemed to be sold like any regular beer but the taste is really good. Here in Europe... hard to find bigger packs of Corona in the supermarket so it's more like a special beer around here.

12. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I like Red Stripe when I can afford it and it has a light straw colour and the aroma is grainy sweet with some sweet apples type of taste. Also it has a full flavor kind of taste for a lager beer and originated in Jamaica, also the brand is owned by Heineken but not sure where they are brewing this beer today though.

#12 FolkArtist, May 27, 2017
    Last edited: May 27, 2017
  13. Zero

Zero Member

I have always enjoyed BudWeiser which to me is a quality brand and produces really great tasting beers, as well as their alcohol content is just what i like.

14. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

This is a very tricky question, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Pick just one as my favorite beer seems to me to be pretty unfair, but I'd say Budweiser (I love this beer! :)) is at the top of my list.

15. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

I've really been enjoying beer made by Founder's and by Boulevard. Founder's owns my all time favorite, but Boulevard has a lot of offerings that I like. It's kind of a toss up between these two for me, based on those things.

I just wish more of the ones I like from these two breweries were readily available. I guess if I could get Breakfast Stout any time I wanted it, I'd have to go with Founder's.

16. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod Member

I am not such a big beer lover, but the best beer I tried so far is Hoegaarden, Belgian I presume. I like that one because it almost doesn't have the classical beer taste. It is not bitter at all, and you can drink it like water almost. Of course you know it is a beer and it is bitter a bit but not at all like the other ones I've tried so far.

17. tony

tony Active Member

I like Heineken a lot but I don't think that's my favorite brand. I enjoy Guinness Beer very much especially the Stout, this sort fit in as my favorite. It's also medicinal somehow.

18. arachnophobik

arachnophobik New Member

I like Heineken as most people in this sub. However, I once visited my girlfriend's country back then (Philippines) and they didn't have Heineken on most places there but they had San Miguel beer. I think that beer was better for me, but that's just my preference. I choose Philippine beer over Heineken.

19. xyrene

xyrene Member

When I'm in the mood for a cold glass of beer then I usually go for Budweiser. It's a bit more expensive than other beers, but it's ok because it tastes better.

20. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I am not really sure that I have a favorite brand, but if price was not a factor I might guess that Sierra Nevada might be one of them. I just have not really tried all of their beers.