Which Beer For The Fourth?

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by Daddy-O, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

Hey pals. I am wondering what my fellow Americans will be quaffing as we celebrate our Independence Day. Have any BBQ plans? Have some brews bought for the day?

Thanks for sharing!

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I'm in Romania so I didn't celebrate 4th of July but I did have a BBQ party with a couple of my friends and there was beer involved, mostly the light kind. How did your fourth go?

3. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

Not bad, actually. Been working long hours at the office, including weekends, so it was nice to have a three day weekend at home with the family. We fried up burger for lunch and steaks for dinner. Oh, and there was plenty of beer and tequila. :D

4. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

I am a little late for this thread, but my fourth of July was pretty boring. We didn't end up buying any alcohol this year. Usually, we will buy a pack of beer from Bevmo. I try my best to get something new every year. Variety packs are the best for these types of events.

I hope everyone had an amazing fourth of July!

5. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

[​IMG]

I can't say I've heard of BevMo but I'm on their site now. How do you like it in general?

6. Sue

Sue Active Member

We have Canada Day here on July 1st. We spent it camping and drinking lots of beer. We did have a bbq and some good music but the main focus was the beer. We sure went through a lot of it that day! Cheers!

7. kgord

kgord Active Member

I had Landshark which is a Pale beer. I forgot who makes it. It is supposed to remind people of good times, the boating, tropics etc. July 4 was a lousy day for us though. It was raining and so forth. I went to a drive in on the 3rd which was my celebration but no beer there.

8. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I think that I would try to find a cheap Pale Ale of some kind because it goes with food in a really good way and grilled meats,also sharp cheese goes with this beer as well. Anybody know some cheap Pale Ale beers besides Sierra Nevada Pale Ale that are available anywhere in stores?

9. tony

tony Active Member

Well I am really not particular about the kind of Whiskey or Beer I take during celebrations of this kind. Maybe this year I may have to take that into consideration the beer I take, I should be going for the high profile brands.

10. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well the whole red white and blue thing always makes me want some Pabst, but it is not the greatest out there. I will take whatever I can get I guess, and hopefully it will be free.

11. Zero

Zero Member

I really don't any preference since it doesn't bother me that much but regardless i always pick something light that i can drink all day and just enjoy myself.