Why Vaping Doesn't Usually Work As The Alternative To Cigars?

Discussion in 'Cigar Forum' started by artyarson, Mar 25, 2016.

1. artyarson

artyarson Member

I'm sure most of them have a clue about what vaping is. I'm sure, you do. In case you don't, just google it up.

So, the question has already been put into the title. Why am I asking? Well, I've heard from some people, who are loyal cigar users, that vaping can't be really seen as the alternative to the subject of their passion. Though, It can perfectly replace cigarettes, according to them. But not cigars.

2. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I don't think it works as an alternative because people that smoke cigar's don't smoke as often as people that smoke cigarettes. So if someone want's to have a cigar they are going to have one and won't look at anything else. After all the objective is to enjoy it.

3. cortana

cortana New Member

I don't smoke either, but I associate cigars with men and vaping with hipsters.

If that's offensive, well, sorry, but that's how a lot of people in our city view that whole trendy vape thing.

I could care less what anyone does as long as it doesn't affect me and my clean air.

4. artyarson

artyarson Member

Not that offensive, actually. I'm just curious. Why hipsters?

5. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

What if it was a hipster cigar smoker. Then they would need one of these.
    [​IMG]

6. cortana

cortana New Member

That looks like a device you would see in a James Bond movie. What comes out of that thing? Or how can it be used as a laser and a boat at the same time!!??

7. kgord

kgord Active Member

Vaping and cigars have little in common. I see it more as a alternative to cigarette smoking. People who smoke cigars like the process and the smell and mouthfeel of the tobacco. I just don't see vaping which is inhaled as a substitute.

8. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

Lol, I think the box doubles up as a boat and the tip vape if held right is the laser. The real problem is that it's not water proof so if you going to use the box as a boat, you have to hold the laser over your head to use it.

9. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I think they were trying to create a market for it, but as you said most people that smoke cigar's want to go through the whole ritual, something that I doubt they get from the vape.

cortana likes this.
  10. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I really don't think that anyone would take cigar vaping seriously. I think that they will just want to laugh at it. E-cigs are one thing and E-cigars are a total other market.

11. Destiny

Destiny Member

Well, cigar smokers aren't like cigarette smokers... Where they smoke because they're addicted. Most cigar smokers smoke because they enjoy the taste and it's hard to duplicate that taste in a vape juice... That's my best guess.

kgord likes this.
  12. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

I am a cigar smoker and I've tried at least two vaping devices (standard pen type and a pipe) and several different "juices", but never could get into it. Whatever I tried tasted like chalk or plastic. I can see how cigarette smokers might make the jump to vapes, but there is just too wide of a divide with cigars, imho.

13. kgord

kgord Active Member

I have tried E Cigs but never vaping devices. I do know some smokers who have quit totally by vaping. I guess I might try a vape pen sometime just for the heck of it..but I kind of like the taste of tobacco. I am not addicted like Destiny said, it is just kind of like a pasttime.

14. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I can understand why you wouldn't like it. Cigar's don't all taste and smell the same. I doubt they could replicate a good cigar correctly.

15. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I guess vaping doesn't have the same taste/feel that cigarettes have, it's not satisfying for smokers and is often not a valid substitution.

16. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

Agreed. As of right now, I don't think the technology is there yet in terms of replicating the taste and smell of a good cigar. Maybe some day it will and I'd love to try one then.

17. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

Cigars have such different tastes and smells they really have their work cut out for them.

18. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

It's different. I'm sure if a person is already used to smoking cigarettes for a couple years, they won't switch to vaping quickly. Yeah it's possible, but not easy.

19. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

There are a lot of cigarette smokers that are converting to vaping but I haven't heard a great many cigar smokers doing the same. Cigar's are much more complex in flavor then cigarettes are, maybe that's why.

20. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

Personally, I find vaping and smoking to be two completely different things. I don't see vaping as an alternative to smoking, really. I think it's a nice alternative to getting your nicotine intake, but it very different than inhaling smoke. Both of the acts have their cons and can definitely be detrimental to your health.

I enjoyed using my vape because I avoided smelling like cigarettes. People don't get nearly upset about being around me while using my vape. I also like that my chest doesn't hurt as much as it used to while smoking cigarettes.